SPArt Community Grants
These opportunities are open-application, mission specific grants to support the work of one artist, or collective, developing a unique project. Anyone with an applicable project in Los Angeles can apply, so long as it meets our definition of Social Practice Art.
What is “Social Practice Art”?
Language is a tricky thing. We know there are many community-engaged artists who do not self-identify as Social Practice artists. SPArt uses a simple definition. “Projects that elicit community involvement to generate social impact through art.”
- Projects must be Los Angeles based
- Projects must engage the community through art
- Projects must identify the potential for social impact
- Projects must be related to the Grant mission, as defined by donors
- The Grant period is one year
- Each Grant is $10,000
SPArt Community Grant made possible by the James Irvine Foundation and Bettina Korek
MISSION: To support artists working with the topic of gender equity.
APPLY: July 7, 2016-August 31, 2016
ANNOUNCED: September 28,2016
SPArt Community Grant made possible by Erika Glazer